Dr Anees Syed is an experienced psychiatrist who provides expert evidence in civil and criminal proceedings.
Instructing Dr Anees Syed
If you want to instruct Dr Syed or if you want to discuss using Dr Syed for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
Dr Syed has experience of giving evidence at Mental Health review tribunals.
- Mental Capacity Assessments in relation to Court of Protection Matters
- COP3 assessments
- Mental Capacity Assessments in relation to appointment of Lasting Power of Attorney and management of property and financial affairs
- Testamentary capacity assessments and retrospective testamentary capacity Assessments
- Mental Capacity Assessments in Section 21a challenges
- Mental Health Assessments in relation to Immigration and asylum matters
- Fitness to plead assessments especially in older adults
- Personal Injury cases in the older adults age group
- Housing matters
Dr Syed is happy to do online and face to face assessments. He can see clients in their own homes as well as in care homes. He aims to see clients within 2 weeks of instruction and file report within 14 working days from the assessment.
Qualifications and memberships
- MBBS 2000
- MRCPych 2010
- CCT 2013
- Recorded on the specialist register of the General Medical Council membership number: 6041140
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA)
- Member of the Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the MHA 1983(as amended in 2007)