Experience of giving evidence
I have completed two modules of expert witness training with Bond Solon and I am currently working towards the Cardiff University Bond Solon Criminal Expert Certificate. I attend expert witness CPD training and conferences annually. I have provided over 100 expert witness reports on criminal and family/child protection cases, heard before Magistrates, Family and Crown Courts, Mental Health Tribunals, and Parole Boards. My reports are standardised on data from several sources, including psychometric testing, clinical interview, assessment of personal history and relevant collateral information. These data are used to build a psychological profile, to assist in understanding / explaining aspects of the case.
Elliott, E., & Vollm, B. (2018). The Utility of Post-Conviction Polygraph Testing Among
Sexual Offenders. Sexual Abuse, 30, 367-392.
Elliott, E., Egan, V., & Grubin, D. (2017). A Not So Bogus Pipeline: A Study of the
Bogus Pipeline Effect And Its Implications for Polygraph Testing. Polygraph, 46, 1-9.
Specialist assessments offered
- HCR-20 to assess risk of violence
- PCL-R to assess for psychopathy
- RSVP (Risk for Sexual Violence Protocol) to assess for risk of sexual violence
- Terrorist Radicalisation Assessment Protocol/ Trap-19
- Child Abuse Potential Inventory
Personality and clinical symptom assessments
- MCMI-IV (Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory) to assess for clinical syndromes and personality disorder in adults
- IPDE (International Personality Disorder Examination) to assess for personality disorder in adults
- Test of Memory Malingering
- Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms (malingering of psychosis)
- Paulhus Deception Scales
Intellectual, neurodevelopmental and cognitive assessments
- WAIS-IV (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale) to measure cognitive ability in adults
- The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) assessment
- Gudjonsson Suggestibility and Compliance Scale
- I am a visiting lecturer in Forensic Psychology at King’s College London
- I supervise forensic and clinical doctoral and master’s students
- I am a trained hostage negotiator.
- Delivering consultancy and training to MAPPA, The National Probation Service and Segregation Units across London
- Attendance on Multi Agency (Lifer) Risk Assessment Panels (MALRAP) and Imprisonment for public protection (IPP) panels
- Previously acted as the Prison Safety and Violence Reduction Lead at HMP Wandsworth