Dr Josephine Swede is a chartered psychologist who provides expert evidence in civil and criminal proceedings.
Instructing Dr Josephine Swede
If you want to instruct Dr Swede or if you want to discuss using Dr Swede for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
Dr Swede has provided hundreds of psychological assessments, based on psychological testing, clinical interviewing and a thorough review of documentation concerning the case. Research literature may also be reviewed where appropriate to reach a carefully considered objective opinion. She has worked most extensively in the area of immigration and asylum proceedings, in addition to criminal proceedings and immigration proceedings involving families and children.
Dr Swede regularly provides expert evidence in immigration and asylum cases, including in the context of detention and deportation. She has further provided expert opinion for the criminal courts. Her work has included assessment of:
- The impact of trauma, abuse, and neglect
- The impact of human trafficking / modern slavery and torture
- Mental Health needs
- Personality disorder
- Complications of substance misuse
- Fitness to plead and stand trial
- Witness reliability
- Suggestibility and vulnerability
Dr Swede dedicates time in her working week to her medicolegal practice which means that she has good availability to accept instructions.
Qualifications & Professional memberships
- Chartered by the British Psychological Society (Membership of Counselling Division) 356628
- Health and Care Professionals Council Registered Practitioner Psychologist PYL039087
You can request to view the CV of any of our experts or contact us to discuss your requirements.