Dr Lara Cleland is an experienced forensic psychiatrist who provides expert evidence in criminal proceedings.
Instructing Dr Lara Cleland
If you want to instruct Dr Cleland or if you want to discuss using Dr Cleland for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
Dr Cleland has given oral evidence in court. She has given evidence matters of fitness to plead and to assist the court in sentencing. As a practising psychiatrist she is able to give her opinion about the suitability for hospital orders under the Mental Health Act 1983, as amended in 2007.
Dr Cleland has experience of providing psychiatric reports in various legal proceedings including;
- Fitness to plead and stand trial
- Insanity defence
- Mental Health Tribunal Hearings
Dr Cleland has good availability, she currently dedicates 2 sessions per week to this. She is able to work within short timeframes to deliver reports.
Qualifications & Professional memberships
- MRCPsych (member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists)
- Diploma and Member of The Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine of The Royal College of Physicians.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983, as amended in 2007
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- General Medical Council