Dr Husain is an experienced consultant psychiatrist who specialises in conditions affecting both the mind and the body. He provides expert evidence in civil and family proceedings, including personal injury and medical negligence.
Instructing Dr Muj Husain
If you want to instruct Dr Husain or if you want to discuss using Dr Husain for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
Dr Husain has experience of providing expert reports in civil and criminal proceedings. He is comfortable giving oral evidence in court.
- Fitness To Plead
- Personal Injury
- First-tier Tribunal (Mental Health) Hearings
- General Adult Psychiatry
- Mental Capacity
- Mood disorders: Anxiety, depression, bipolar affective disorder
- Psychotic illness and schizophrenia
- Somatoform / Conversion / Dissociative Disorders
- Functional symptoms and Functional Neurological Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms and Persistent Physical Symptoms
- Psychiatry in medical settings (Liaison Psychiatry)
- Overlap between Physical and Mental Health
- Persistent Physical Symptoms in long term medical conditions
Dr Muj Husain has good availability, and he is also able to work within short time frames to complete reports as needed. He is an active NHS consultant psychiatrist, and his availability is best at weekends or evenings.
Qualifications and memberships
MB BChir (Cantab)
MRCPsych (Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists)
Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983, as amended in 2007
GMC, on the specialist register with a sub-specialty accreditation in Liaison Psychiatry