Dr Rachel Miller is an experienced dental practitioner who provides expert evidence in civil proceedings and the Court of Protection.
Instructing Dr Rachel Miller
If you want to instruct Dr Miller or if you want to discuss using Dr Miller for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
Dr Miller has been undertaking expert work for the past three years, with a focus on cases involving consent, capacity and adults with learning disabilities. Her interests include dental care in medically compromised patients, patients with dementia and learning disabilities, treatment planning and assessment, consent, mental capacity and treatment under conscious sedation. Her clinical, legal and regulatory experience give her a unique perspective and allow her to produce high quality reports for both claimants and defendants. She is committed to ongoing development both in relation to the law and dentistry.
- Personal injury cases
- Clinical negligence
- Capacity (including court of protection)
- Fitness to practise
- Breach of duty and causation
- Patient complaints
- Telephone conferences with counsel and instructing solicitors
- Joint expert meetings
Dr Miller is available all days except Friday and Sunday and is able to complete reports within 14 days. She is able to offer online and in person consultations.
Qualifications and memberships
- Diploma in Legal Medicine (FFLM) 2020
- Certificate in Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice (UCLAN) 2020
- LLM Professional Legal Practice (University of Law) 2019
- Graduate Diploma in Law (University of Law) 2016
- Diploma in Special Care Dentistry (Royal College of Surgeons) 2015
- BDS (University of Newcastle) 2001
Royal Society of Medicine