Mr Aftar Hussain is an experienced Building Surveyor who provides expert evidence for Housing disrepair claims for both landlord and tenant.
Instructing Mr Aftar Hussain
If you want to instruct Mr Hussain or if you want to discuss using Mr Hussain for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
I specialise particularly in Housing Disrepair Section 11 claims with over 14 years’ experience within the construction and property industry and in preparing defect reports of this nature and I have an in-depth knowledge of building pathology, producing detailed CPR compliant reports and specifications and analysing records and documents through the pre- action process.
- Expert Witness Reports for Housing Condition claims
- Building Surveys
- Homebuyer Reports
- Condition Surveys
- Specific Defect Investigation Surveys
- Party Wall Services
I am an experienced and impartial building surveyor and director of Oval Surveyors Limited. I have undertaken approx. 300 expert witness instructions for housing disrepair claims in the last year for both claimants and defendants. Surveys are arranged within 1 to 3 days upon receipt of instruction and are usually undertaken within 10 days (depending on volume of work and access). Surveys usually take 2 to 5 working days to complete reports.
- English – Fluent
Qualifications and memberships
- Building Surveying MSc – 2014
- Business and Information Technology BSc (Hons) – 2007
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) – 2021
- Associate Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) – 2021
- RICS Registered Valuer – 2022