Mr Vijay Joshi is a consultant Thoracic Surgeon based in Manchester and he provides expert evidence reports in clinical negligence, personal injury and regulatory cases.
Instructing Mr Vijay Joshi
If you want to instruct Mr Joshi or if you want to discuss using Mr Joshi for your case, please contact us.
Experience of giving evidence
Mr Joshi has been doing expert witness work since 2020 and has undergone expert witness training with Bond Solon having attained the Cardiff University Bond Solon (CUBS) Civil Expert Witness Certificate. He has completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Law with Northumbria University Law School and an LL.B (Hons) at Nottingham Law School. Mr Joshi has full medico-legal indemnity.
He has experience as a single joint expert, in preparing joint expert reports, conferencing with council and he has given evidence in court. Mr Joshi has a full medico-legal indemnity cover under the Medical Protection Society.
- Personal Injury – chest trauma, rib fractures, sternal fracture, chest wall pain, seatbelt injury, lung trauma, traumatic diaphragm hernia, complications following thoracic surgery for trauma.
- Clinical Negligence – lung cancer, mediastinal / thymic tumours, sarcoma, loss of a chance, complications following thoracic surgery, diaphragm palsy / hernia, complications following chest drain insertion, pleural surgery, airway surgery.
- Regulatory experts advice / GMC investigation
- Criminal cases
Mr Joshi is able to undertake both face to face and remote assessments. He is able to offer assessments within 1-5 weeks from instruction and will then need 14 working days to complete his reports.
Qualifications and memberships
- MBChB, University of Liverpool
- FRCSEd (C-Th), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Thoracic Surgery Fellowship completion, Rochester MN, USA
- GMC specialist register, Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiff University Bond Solon Civil Certificate
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Law, Northumbria Law School
- LLB (Hons), Nottingham Law School
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons(ESTS)
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland (SCTS)
- Bond Solon
- Medical Protection Society