Family Law & Care Proceedings Experts

We provide expert witnesses and court reports

At Expert Court Reports, we recognise the importance of finding the right expert.

You may require a psychiatric report to establish whether a parent has a mental disorder and whether the symptoms or manifestations of that disorder has any bearing on the child’s safety; in other cases, you might need to seek a forensic assessment of a parent’s risk, particularly where there is a history of offending. Different experts will address different issues and it is important that you identify the right expert.

family law

At Expert Court Reports, we can offer advice as to whether you require a psychiatrist or a psychologist to undertake your assessment. We are associated with psychologists who are willing to accept instructions in family proceedings; typical instructions relate to mental capacity, IQ, personality and risk.

We understand the importance of expert evidence in public law proceedings under the Children Act 1989 to assist the court in safeguarding children. We are familiar with the court schedules under the Public Law Outline (2014) and the Children and Families Act 2014; we also provide reports in pre-proceedings. We understand the need for prompt assessment and reporting as well as clear and timely communication. We are able to accept instructions within the agreed fees of the Legal Aid Agency.

As well as providing evidence in public law proceedings, our experts can assist in private law proceedings where concerns or allegations have been raised by one parent against another or where the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS) has raised concerns about risk.

Looking for a psychiatrist or a psychologist to undertake your assessment?

If you are looking for assistance with family law cases, please get in touch and we will be happy to help.

Contact us